My Asthma History

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Been doing ok...I've been trying my hardest to follow the advice of my new pulmo and only do treatments when inhaler just isn't enough to stop the tightness. I guess he didn't like me doing them everyday :(! I've also noticed not doing the nebs, my PF's have dropped a lot, my baseline isn't as high as it used to be and I haven't hit my personal best PF in a long, long time!! It's been hard because the neb treatments I have, contain generic Atrovent and I'm beginning to think that I need that to maintain a level of control (in addition to the max dose of symbicort, rhinocort and singulair I'm already on)...where I'm not constantly using my nebs. The albuterol inhaler, just doesn't stop the tightness feeling all of the time, or the persistant, constant, cough and congestion I continually have. At least the nebs by me a lot more time. So, we'll see next month when I go in for my PFT testing how my lungs are doing and what the results look like. Hoping they are no worse for the wear compared with six years ago when I last did PFT testing.

2 comments:

  1. pulmonary function test: you sit in an enclosed chamber (it's clear, so you aren't too claustrophobic) and breath through a device according to the directions by the lab tech...computer records the data and sends it onto your doc...who then reads it and treats accordingly. Gives a lot, lot of more info, than just blowing through a peak flow meter.

    ReplyDelete