My Asthma History

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Status Quo

Well, I feel better than the other days as far as the head congestion goes. Although, it's been harder for me to get an accurate peak flow because everytime I blow into the meter, I start coughing and can't get an accurate reading. The readings I have gotten are in my 70% range, even on prednisone. So, taking a treatment now, hopefully that will pop my numbers back up. I think I just got hit with a whammy of a respiratory infection that my daughter had several weeks back and the extremely high pollen levels, windy and lower humidity we have been having here in Texas (yes, i'm an asthmatic that actually does better in humidity). Overall though, my energy level is improving and I have been able to sleep better at night, not coughing all hours of the night...and now my cough is more of a productive cough instead of the tight, wheezy cough. So all in all, I know I'm on the upward track. Probably dealing with another week or so of coughing, oh well, pretty use to it by now. Takes a month or so to fully get over an attack, if you don't end up in a rebound attack. Anybody else take as long?? or longer??

No comments:

Post a Comment