My Asthma History

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Busy Weekend

Well, these last several days have been crazy busy for me. Had a couple of events going on, one outside. My asthma did really well. Took a pre-outside neb treatment (i take a neb combo of ipatromium and albuterol), and allergy meds and I did really well. Next morning a little tight, but not too bad. Pretty much been in my mid to upper yellow zone these last several mornings, heck, most of the month. I'm pretty used to it. I think mainly until allergy season passes and it's summertime, these are how my days will be. Definitely doing much better than last year. Last year by this time...I had been in and out of the ER's about 3 times (in about 4 months) by now and had to be on IV solumedrol to stop the attacks. So, in comparison, this year seems to be doing much better. ..no ER trips so far!!! My pulmo and I changed my treatment plan last spring and we are more aggressive now. I know my family is greatful, especially my 2 almost 3 year old. It's pretty sad that my own daughter knows "mommy's cough", when I'm back visiting my doc and she's in the waiting area with her grandma. Hope this year's allergy season isn't too rough for everybody! I'm just greatful my daughter isn't showing any signs of asthma...she's got a good set of lungs!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for the link. Welcome to the blog world... I hope the allergy season treats you somewhat nicely

    Danielle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the response...it's nice to hear somebody's reading. Best of luck with your runs.

    ReplyDelete